Recipes & Food Tips
Goat cheese and pickled beets add a bit of zest to this salad, which is packed with 28 grams of protein.
Ingredients: Pickled beets, sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh apricots, spring salad greens, cooked chicken, soft goat cheese, almonds
Try this recipe: Easy Summer Salad
- 1 cup sliced jarred pickled beets, halved, plus 3 Tbsp. pickling juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 fresh apricots, halved and pitted
- 4 ounces loosely packed spring salad greens (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless cooked chicken, from a rotisserie bird
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds with skin, toasted
1. In a small bowl, whisk together beet pickling juice, vinegar and mustard. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Warm a grill pan over medium-high heat; oil pan. Place apricots on pan, cut-sides down, and cook, turning once, until grill marks form, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Divide salad greens, chicken, cheese, almonds, sliced beets and grilled apricots among 4 plates. Drizzle with reserved dressing, season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Serves: 4
|Calories per serving:||328|
|Fat per serving:||14g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||28g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||24g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||66mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||500mg|
|Calcium per serving:||54mg|